When designing outdoor entertaining areas, many people omit the one component we use inside to tie our distances collectively: area rugs. Just as you would in your indoor area, add color, define seating areas and warm up your outdoor living room simply by throwing down a rug. Listed below are eight trendy ways to liven up your patio with an exterior floor covering.
Scot Meacham Wood Design
1. Put a rug. Ground your outdoor eating area using a bold, picture, weather-resistant area rug. One benefit of dining outdoors: When there’s a spill during dinner, then simply pull out the hose and provide your rug a great wash.
2. Produce a conversation area. Define your dialog area by putting all your outdoor furniture all around your rug.
See the rest of this yard
Lisa Borgnes Giramonti
3. Add color, even in tiny spaces. The pattern and color of this rug shown here bring immediate style to this tiny outdoor area. The single chair is much more interesting against the bright hues.
4. Designate zones. Outdoor rugs rugs can help designate zones for various tasks. In the image shown here, the rug is used to heat the seating area but opens to the cafe-height dining table as well.
5. By going large, add relaxation. When you have the space, consider using a large-scale rug to make your outdoor space feel more comfortable. This covered terrace area feels more like a indoor living room due to the warmth and scale added from the rug.
6. Repeat patterns. Although the pillows on the chaise longues are separated from the rug at the seating area, the pattern used in the 2 spaces unifies the regions and creates a cohesive deck layout.
7. Less is more. If your budget or space will not allow for a huge rug, deciding on a smaller piece with a fantastic pattern is better than not having a rug in any way. This modern outdoor area is much more interesting and beautiful with the addition of this small rug.
8. Cover. Placing rugs in halls is a guideline used by design professionals to heat up those otherwise failed spaces. This same rule may be applied to your outdoor patio. In case you have a narrow walkway connecting two regions of your deck or patio, adding an outside rug (or greater than you, as revealed here) brings warmth and interest.
20 great weather-resistant rugs
Stylish Cabinets Upgrade Outdoor Space
Interview: 10 Secrets to some Beautiful Outdoor Room
How to Mix Furniture Styles on the Patio